Tooth extraction involves completely removing a tooth from the mouth. There can be many reasons for tooth extraction.
- Totally damaged teeth which cannot be saved
- To create space for orthodontic treatment/braces
- Loose teeth due to gum disease
- Damaged teeth that is caused by sports/accidental injuries
- Wisdom tooth which is impacted or wrongly placed causing trauma,pain and swelling
- Supernumerary or extra malformed teeth
Types of tooth extraction :
- Simple Extraction
- Surgical Extraction:Wisdom tooth or 3rd molars usually didn’t get enough space in the mouth to erupt at a normal position.So,mostly they are impacted or wrongly placed causing pain and swelling.Thus we have to remove them surgically.
So, the procedure is performed by a well trained oral and maxillofacial surgeon in South Delhi, India under local anaesthesia by cutting the bone and splitting the teeth in 15-20 minutes.
Tooth extraction aftercare :
- After extraction you will have to bite on a gauze which should remain for 30 minutes.Remove the gauze after 30 minutes and drink cold water or a plain ice cream.
- Do not spit or rinse for 24 hours
- Take cold and soft diet for 3-4 days
- After 24 hours of extraction, rinse your mouth with warm saline water 3-4 times a day for 1 week
- Avoid smoking and use of straws for a week
- Avoid touching the extraction site with your tongue or finger
- Take all the medications as prescribed
Get your painless tooth extraction treatment and laser tooth removal from the best dentist in South Delhi, India at affordable price. We provide high quality tooth extraction treatment for decayed, infected tooth, wisdom tooth with minimum discomfort by experienced dentist.
Get in Touch with us
Book an Appointment
If you are traveling to our clinic for an appointment, confirm the correct street address with our appointment staff ahead of time to avoid frustration.